Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Competition

I'm in Nice right now so I haven't updated for a while.

Almost the same thing happened to me during the competition. I was expecting my first contraction around 4:30, but it came at 4:00 and that disturbed my concentration. Little did I know, that it was actually 4:20, but my assistant was just late on the time. I had an announced performance of 6:00, so I pushed to what I thought was 6:00 with pure willpower and the came up and the time was 6:20. This was of course very dissapointing. But I guess you can never have too much experience, competition is just completely different...

I also almost crapped my pants in the end, which disturbed my concentration even more. In fact it became so bad, that I had to decide that either I let it go or I quit. I don't regret quitting in that sense :)

I think a some seconds were also lost because of the fact that warmup was in a different pool than the actual performace. So after getting all ready and relaxed, you had to walk over to the other pool. Personally I think that's not a very good idea and it really showed in the general performance. Also the competition pool was very warm and I made a last minute decision to use my 1.5mm suit. It just didn't work...

Small things and of course most of them just exuses, but they all add up and I ended up with a sub par performance. But hey, there'll be other competitions...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home