Monday, May 16, 2005

Back from Nice

I had a really good time in Nice. A week of straight diving, every day. Broke my CW record, diving 42m on the last day. What was nice about it, was that it was really easy. I'm now confident I can break 50m this summer.

Anyway, static...When I started this blog, I had the intention of writing it until the Finnish championships, which are now behind us. I'll still keep updating, but the frequency and intensity of my trainig will be much less from now on. I will concentrate on CW for the summer, perhaps getting back to the subject of statics when another competition is nearing.

My plan is to do 2-3 "maintenance statics" every week. This time, no-warmup statics, no excuses. Just one hold, one attempt and that's it. This will of course save a lot of time.

For breathup I do about 5 minutes of "sub neutral breathing". I won't get into the subject of whether or not that is hyperventilation. But that's what I'll do. This way I'll need about 15 minutes to do my whole static training, so I can slip it into the day very easily.

So I started today. Just to set the "baseline", I took it fairly easily and hit 6:00 exact. The last time I seriously did the no-warmup method, I was struggling to reach 6:00, but this time I had room to spare, which is good. However, my goal is not to actively increase the time. I hope to bring it up to about 7:00, and then learn to hit that consistently.

So to mark the new beginning:
6:00 (2:40/56)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home