Monday, June 13, 2005

Restarting again

Ok, 3 weeks and no updates. I've been laying kind of low...I did do a few statics but nothing special and didn't feel like writing because it was not structured "training" per se. I've been concentrating on CW and just having a break.

I started again today. I decided to give "no-packing" statics a try again. I would like to rid my self of packing...If not all together, at least limit it, as I'm still fairly concerned about long term effects on the lung. And besides it's good training. If I can do, let's say, 6:30 reliably without packing, then I should be able to do it even more reliable with moderate packing at a competition. So I'll set my sights on that, 6:30.

I also don't want to repeat the fiasco of the last competition. I want to further simplify my warmup. For now I'm going to try this. A "90% effort" static as a warmup, then the max attempt after a short break. Along the way I may experiment with an FRC hold either in the beginning or in between. But that's aboslutely the maximum warmup.

Without packing, this comes to about 5:30 as warmup and then 6+ on the actual attempt.

So todays figures:
5:44(3:20/33)
6:03(3:40/30)

As you can see, very low count of contractions. I'm not really worried though...Given that I've been on such a long break, I'm sure even by tomorrow it will look quite different.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home