Thursday, November 10, 2005

A whole second...

Allright, apnea walks today:

2:33/130m
2:45/150m
3:10/144m

So beat my pb by a whole second. This was so close though, that I don't see how I could ever beat that. This was gym day etc, so maybe under optimum conditions I can squeeze in a second or two, but it's very hard to imagine ever passing 3:30

I was experimenting with hyperventilating less. It's something I always have to conciously come back to. I know my best results have always been made with very little ventilation, but I still catch my self taking those 5-10 deep breaths before a start, especially after having resuming training after a while.

Today I did just normal, neutral breathing (watching tv to keep me distracted from breathing). Then before the start 2 deep breaths on the first, 3 on the second and finally 5 on the last...Sure the urge to breathe came earlier, but it didn't really seem to have at least any negative effect on the final result.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home