Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Immediate progress

This was of course to be expected with increased buffering, since I've done statics 3 days in a row now. But it's always a nice feeling. I'll try wet again tomorrow, then the pool closes for christmas, so the next time will be I guess next week.

I smashed my records in "amount of contractions" and "time of riding contractions" (I'll call it riding from now on, since "fighting" induces a negative mind set :). It feels very strage, but it seems I've found a mental switch that allows me to actually relax at the point where I would usually bail. Let's hope I can keep flipping this switch in the future ;)

I also employed "sub-neutral breathing" today. Meaning that as part of recovery from each trial, I would breath so that the maximum inhale was "neutral" position of my lungs. Just something else I picked up from DeeperBlue. For the first time I also didn't try to inhale to max capacity. Instead I inhaled where I comfortably could, and then packed the rest of the way. Feels very nice, I think I'll be using this in the future (something I picked up from Tom's static video. Or at least I think that's what he's doing).

Here they are:
2:30(100)
2:45(90)
2:26(80)

Broke 100! Wohoo! This also comfirms my previous findings, that I seem to "peak" on the second hold in terms of "time of contractions". But I don't think I've ever done so much on the first hold. I'm not sure if 2:45 is a pb, but it's got to be close.

Can't wait for tomorrow ;)

P.S I forgot to mention this earlier. Accoring to my girlfriend I actually packed in my sleep last night! Now that's pretty scary (not to mention funny ;). I remember dreaming about being in a competition and starting to pack as I was late from my official start. She was struggling not to burst laughing, because she didn't want to wake me ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home